Five Tips for Setting Attainable Goals
For many people, making resolutions is hard and keeping them even harder. By taking some time to reflect upon what’s truly important to you, you can set yourself on the path to success with resolutions you can keep in the new year. Here are some ideas that may help:
- Keep your resolutions short-term, attainable and quantifiable. Focus on one or two tangible goals; don’t overwhelm yourself with an entire lifestyle change. For example, if you’re interested in getting a new job, resolve to update your LinkedIn profile or become active in a professional network.
- Work on things you can control. In order to change the numbers on the scale, focus on the things you can control such as what you eat and how often you go to the gym.
- Make yourself a priority. Self-care isn’t selfish. Making changes for a healthier you will benefit your whole family. Don’t feel guilty about choosing some goals that are relevant to you and will positively impact your happiness and lifestyle.
- Join forces with a friend. Create a support network to keep you motivated and on track. You’re more likely to be successful if you aren’t going it alone.
- Forgive your mistakes and develop a back-up plan. There will likely be bumps in the road. If something gets in your way or you slip up, don’t give up entirely. Just create a plan to get back on course.
For more ideas on how you can be your best you in 2020, download the latest issue of the Bulletin below.
“Auld acquaintances may be forgot” but don’t forget your wealth goals! Schedule time with your Luma Wealth advisor to revisit your plan to adjust for life changes or changes in life goals. And remember to visit our website throughout the year for information on upcoming events and join the conversation.
Luma Wealth is registered with Hightower Securities, LLC, member FINRA and SIPC, and with Hightower Advisors, LLC, a registered investment advisor with the SEC. Securities are offered through Hightower Securities, LLC; advisory services are offered through Hightower Advisors, LLC.
This is not an offer to buy or sell securities. No investment process is free of risk, and there is no guarantee that the investment process or the investment opportunities referenced herein will be profitable. Past performance is not indicative of current or future performance and is not a guarantee. The investment opportunities referenced herein may not be suitable for all investors.
All data and information reference herein are from sources believed to be reliable. Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices, or other information contained in this research is provided as general market commentary, it does not constitute investment advice. The team and Hightower shall not in any way be liable for claims, and make no expressed or implied representations or warranties as to the accuracy or completeness of the data and other information, or for statements or errors contained in or omissions from the obtained data and information referenced herein. The data and information are provided as of the date referenced. Such data and information are subject to change without notice.
This document was created for informational purposes only; the opinions expressed are solely those of the team and do not represent those of Hightower Advisors, LLC, or any of its affiliates.