Hope for the Best but Prepare for Worst
There are conflicting accounts of who said it first, but the suggestion to prepare for the worst while hoping for the best rings true for wealth planning. With the right insurance strategies, you can help protect your family and your wealth. Consider:
- Your health. Review your plan benefits and anticipate your health needs to determine whether a Preferred Provider Organization plan (PPO) or High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with a Health Savings Account (HSA) is better for you and your family. If you are approaching age 65, you need to know all about applying for Medicare.
- Your stuff. If you’re a high net worth individual, you may need specialized insurance to protect your high-value home, jewelry or art collection in the event of fire, theft or accident. You may also be at a greater risk for a lawsuit.
- Liability claims. What would happen if you accidentally damaged someone else’s property? An umbrella policy can protect you against excessive claims and many people are surprised to learn it’s often not terribly expensive.
- Disability. The risk of a disability from an accident or illness may be greater than you think. Have you considered where your income might come from if this were to happen to you, or whether you should get long-term care insurance?
- Your loved ones. Would your goals for your family be at risk if something happened to you or your spouse? Make sure you have sufficient life insurance to protect your loved ones in the event of the unthinkable.
Learn more about protecting your wealth. Join us for our upcoming Solutions for Women II event and get insights from Luma Wealth advisors Dana Hastings and Michelle Taylor on how to identify the right insurance solutions for you.
Discover how to benefit from comprehensive wealth planning for women.
Call us, toll free, at 866-995-6191, email firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our website lumawealth.com